[ODE] High speed rigid body collisions

Jon Watte (ODE) hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Wed Jun 1 13:37:36 MST 2005

No, I was not talking about Havok. Havok is not a continuous-time
physics system. The work of Stephen Redon is continuous-time, as is some
internal engine work hinted at by some of the participants on various
game development mailing lists I read.

Havok is mostly discrete, time-stepped, much like ODE. They do, however,
have a very robust set of collision/contact primitives -- better
supported than ODE. I guess that's why they charge what they do for a
source license...

Cheers,

			/ h+