[ODE] Problem with amotors and ball joints

Brad braddabug at comcast.net
Tue Jul 26 15:31:33 MST 2005

I'm trying to apply stops to a ball joint using angular motors. When I
create a ball joint and an angular motor, with stops on every axis of
the angular motor except one, with the hi and lo stops all set to 0, the
ball joint behaves like a hinge, which is correct. But if I set one of
the hi or lo stops to 0.0001 or -0.0001 (respectively), which should
have a negligible effect, the joint behaves completely different.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? I've got the amotor set up
in user mode with all the axes anchored to the global frame.