[ODE] Worst Case Scenario

Geoff Carlton gcarlton at iinet.net.au
Tue Feb 8 09:17:57 MST 2005

I do exactly that, but then its a crazy micromachines type game where
the objects die when crushed and when they fall off anyway.

In general, I found exploding almost always happens due to conflicting
contacts.  Particularly the edges of triangles would catch the bodies
and with a few pointing in different directions the object would trip
up, which looks odd even if it doesn't explode.  In my case I stored all
contacts for the object and then sorted through them, averaging or
eliminating some of them (in my case, I had lots of separate trimesh
geoms, so the bits of code inside ODE to sort through duplicates on a
geom-geom basis didn't help much).

You could always store a duplicate set of {pos,lvel,avel} and poke them
into any body that acts up.. Might work, who knows? :-)

Geoff