[ODE] Has anybody had any luck with dJointSetAMotorAngle?

Patrick McColgan patrick at torcinteractive.com
Wed Feb 2 17:04:39 MST 2005

Thanks Andrew.

You are right about the normalizations, the dot product should be of
two unit vectors, I do do that I just neglected to write it.

I think I also understand you're point about the negative angles, I
wrote my email from memory but I do recall at the beginning the angles
were negative, even at rest one or two may have been negative zero.  To
fix it I think I started evaluating the rotation about the y about the
relative right axes and then evaluated both the x and z rotations by
looking at the difference in up axes.  I think this may have been based
on the fact that ideally the up axes will remain the same.

Hope that helps, apologies if it was misleading.