[ODE] [fix] ode doesn't compile on 64 bit platforms

Bram Stolk bram at sara.nl
Thu Dec 8 02:19:26 MST 2005

J. Perkins wrote:
> On 12/6/05, Russell Smith <russ at q12.org> wrote:
>
>>i've applied your patch. thanks!
>>
>>On 12/5/05, Dmitry Marakasov <amdmi3 at mail.ru> wrote:
>>
>>>There seem to be a problem when compiling ode library on non-x86 archs
>>>(i.e. amd64, ia64). I've ran into this when porting XMoto game
>>>(xmoto.sf.net) to freebsd - this game use ode, but ode ports are marked
>>>broken for non-x86 archs in the FreeBSD ports collection, as ode doesn't
>>>compile on these.
>

> Russ, did you apply to unstable?

Unstable use configure.in, not configure.c

I tried changing configure.in, but:

If I understand the patch correctly, it is the intention to
replace
"mov \$0,%%eax;\n"
with
"mov %%eax,(%%esi);\n"

If I do this, my pentium is no longer detected due to segm violation:

configure:7274: checking for a Pentium CPU
configure:7299: cc -o conftest -g -O2   conftest.c  >&5
configure:7302: $? = 0
configure:7304: ./conftest
../ode/configure: line 7305:  5908 Segmentation fault      ./conftest$ac_exeext

> Jason

Bram Stolk, VR Engineer SARA, Amsterdam.   tel +31 20 592 3000

"Windows is a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit graphical shell for an 8-bit
 operating system originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor by a 2-bit
 company that can't stand 1 bit of competition."