[ODE] Rigid Body moving to fast, passing through tri-mesh when should collide

Matt Durfee mattdurfee at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 29 14:34:51 MST 2005

Hi,

We have made a golf game, and sometimes the ball will pass through the
trimesh completely without detecting collision.  This generally happens when
the ball is up against a wall, and we shoot at the wall with full power.  It
sometimes happens when we chip the ball from a higher plane to a lower
plane.  In both instances the speed at which the ball is moving is very
fast.  If we lower the amount of force applied when hitting the ball the
problem is solved, but we would like to know if there is a way we can adjust
the timestep or set the CFM or ERP to help with this problem.  FYI, Our
current timestep is 0.005 (called n amount of times based on the elapsed
time) and we are using ODE 0.039.  We would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,

Matt Durfee
mattdurfee at hotmail.com