[ODE] Ragdolled limbs (ccylinders) experiencing no friction even at stops?

Megan Fox shalinor at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 16:28:12 MST 2005

I understand that a perfect sphere, when unconstrained, will
experience no frictional force, since it is 100% converted to torque..
but given a constrained cylinder at a stop, shouldn't I see it
experiencing the proper friction?

I realize the contact patch would be small, but I don't think ODE even
has a concept of that (it should just be per contact)?

Side question, assuming this is expected behavior- does everyone just
use boxes for ragdoll limbs?

--
-Megan Fox
Lead Developer, Elium Project