[ODE] Slip detection

Railey, Ken krailey at amazon.com
Sat Aug 13 11:26:18 MST 2005

Excellent. Thanks guys!

-----Original Message-----
From: ode-bounces at q12.org [mailto:ode-bounces at q12.org] On Behalf Of Jon Watte (ODE)
Sent: Saturday, August 13, 2005 10:03 AM
To: Charlls Quarra
Cc: ode at q12.org
Subject: Re: [ODE] Slip detection

Yes; my formula was specifically for sideways slip.

If you want just slip, period, then the easiest way to do that is to get
the world velocity of the body (wheel) at the contact point. There's
even a call to get it: dBodyGetPointVel(). If it's non-0, then you're
slipping. Note that there will always be a small amount of slippage even
whiel rolling, because of simulation approximations, so you should
subtract some threshold value.

Cheers,

			/ h+