[ODE] Re: Different simulation results with different versions ofVisual C++?

Keith Johnston keithj_pinoli at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 8 07:46:33 MST 2005

I've already been through the fire on getting the
simulation to repeat exactly from one run to the next
on the same machine.  That is working fine.  However,
I haven't tried running two copies of the same program
simultaneously.  That would be an interesting
experiment.

So, yes, I'm using a fixed timestep - I've basically
followed all the procedures on the wiki to the letter
to get the simulation to run identically from one
invocation of the same program to the next.

This final hurdle is really just a cross-platform
issue I believe.  Is there any way to make ODE less
sensitive to compiler differences?

Has anyone tried comparing runs between PC and Mac to
see if they can be made to be identical?