[ODE] Autotools added to UNSTABLE

Tanguy Fautre tanguy.fautre at spaceapplications.com
Wed Apr 13 14:00:54 MST 2005

Rodrigo Hernandez wrote:

> Ok, I made changes that should make it work now, please test it when
> you get the time and let me know how it goes.

Still not working.  :-(
Although this time -ldrawstuff has made it in the command line.

g++ -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -g -O2
-fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -g -O2 -o dstest dstest.o  -ldrawstuff
-lGL -lGLU
-L/home/tfautre/development/ode_unstable_cvs/ode/drawstuff/src -lstdc++ -lm
dstest.o(.text+0x1a): In function `start()':
undefined reference to `dsGetViewpoint'
undefined reference to `dsSetViewpoint'

I think I found the problem: only x11.o gets used to build libdrawstuff.a:

make[1]: Entering directory
Making all in src
make[2]: Entering directory
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../include/ode   -fomit-frame-pointer
-ffast-math  -I/home/tfautre/development/ode_unstable_cvs/ode/include
-fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -g -O2 -c x11.cpp
rm -f libdrawstuff.a
ar cru libdrawstuff.a x11.o
ranlib libdrawstuff.a

Another thing, on Debian it seems that -lGL also requires -lpthread. For
the moment I'm just modifying makefile-unix-gcc to get it to work. I
dunno if this can be included in the CVS (both Makefile and autotools),
or if it will affect other Linux distro in a bad way.

PS: it seems to me that the first arguments given to the linker are
completely useless, aren't they?