[ODE] movement force conversion

Piotr Obrzut piotr_obrzut at o2.pl
Tue Apr 12 11:45:22 MST 2005

Hi,

12 kwietnia 2005 (00:24:05) Jon wrote:

JW> It is because of something you do wrong. It could be anything from
JW> converting quaternions wrong (ODE has quaternions in w,x,y,z order)
JW> to the pieces having geoms that collide with each other and generate
JW> penetration contact forces.

now I know what it is: forces are simply too large but their
trajectories are good. I've noticed it when I was trying to record
movie for you (not freqently updates). When animation is often updated
then everything looked misleading nice even when forces ware too large.

JW> You should remove the division by time
JW> in the velocity calculation, and try again.

Without division by time forces are too low, but you have right that they will
have to be multiplied by some constant value. I will have to change my
priorities: before animation suposed to be right made and physics
should only follow it; now I think that it will be better to store
animations within physic model and this model will be responisble
for executing animations and geting its bodies into right positions
and physics state (so it would be animation_time independent and forces
could be precomputed only once); Perhaps I will face problems with animation
blending but it is not importand for me now.

Once again : great thanks!

--
greetings,
 Piotr Obrzut