[ODE] movement force conversion

Piotr Obrzut piotr_obrzut at o2.pl
Sat Apr 9 16:54:50 MST 2005

Hi,

6 kwietnia 2005 (23:14:16) Jon wrote:

JW> This gets into humanoid character control logic. Where would you stop
JW> applying your muscle force, or apply less muscle force, if you were
JW> kicked? You'll have to figure out what you want the answer to be, and
JW> apply it to your model. It's likely your artists will have ideas about
JW> how this should be done, too, so coming up with a data-driven rule
JW> editor and preview tool would be ideal, if you're creating this for a
JW> game engine. If it's a home experiment, you can just wing it (but the
JW> data driven rules might still help).

Now for some reasons I'm setting forces/torques manualy. With forces
it works idealy all translations given from animation works, but when
I try with rotations then comes troubles: everything works to fast and
output rotation looks strange.

I'm calculating torques like this:

old_angle = get_euler_angles (old_transform);
new_angle = get_euler_angles (new_trandform);
new_ang_vel = (new_angle - old_angle) / delta_time;

old_ang_vel = body->get_angle_vel ();

torque = Inertia * (new_ang_vel - old_ang_vel) / delta_time;

any help?

--
greetings,
 Piotr Obrzut