[ODE] Bug or feature?

Rodrigo Hernandez kwizatz at aeongames.com
Thu Apr 7 21:10:29 MST 2005

Hi,

I am changing my level loading and rendering code to use OpenGL vertex
buffer objects, and my trimesh collision stoped working, I was feeding
dGeomTriMeshDataBuildSimple with a dVector3 I used to build from my
terrain, I was using a separate buffer for rendering and for ODE.

Now I want to use the same buffer for both, I created the VBO, had some
problems but finally worked them out, but the trimesh wouldnt collide
with my dBody.

On close examination I discovered some bad values in the vertices ODE
was using, and turns out that in common.h dVector3 is defined like this:

/* these types are mainly just used in headers */
typedef dReal dVector3[4];
typedef dReal dVector4[4];

So dVector3 is not really "3" at all but 4, this is causing errors in my
code, and I was wondering if there is a reason for having it this way.

So I am going to just change it to [3] and see what happens while I wait
for a reply :).

By the way, what about that autotools question I posted before? :)

Cheers!