[ODE] Re: Couple of problems with reaching an acceptable stability.

Vast vasko.tim at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 18:29:49 MST 2005

Hey John!
Thanks for sharing this information.

I set the stepsize to 0.01, it slowed down, but I increased gravity,
so it looks a little better, yet with the increased gravity, it
started to penetrate again a little.

About your little article, I am not sure I understand it. What is
oldstate? What is newstate? And mainly what is going on?

About damping. I've never heard of it. I searched the Wiki, all i
found relating to damping is the friction model. Should I iterate
through every singel object, and do as you told me in #2? Also, would
I multiply time -0.01 again as mentioned in the friction article, or
does the above substitute for that?
What exactly is damping? What is the outcome of using it?

I also have the body disabling enabled, but something interesting
happens. Somehow, almost all of the bodies get disabled, is that
possible? Even if some of them touch each other, or are stacked on top
of each other... I *do* take away the "dContactSoftCFM" from my
collision detection, and that mainly allows for that. Interesting,
don't you think? (or is it just me).

Anyway, Thank you for your reply, and sorry for so many questions, you
just seem to know what you are doing, so i thought if i know more, i
would be able to follow better.

Thanks!
Regards,
-Tim