[ODE] Possible solution to unstable rotating bodies problem

Megan Fox shalinor at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 21:15:20 MST 2005

I definately agree on incorporating the dampening into ODE proper, and
I'm another that can do perfectly fine in terms of keeping my universe
from exploding... but on this, it sounds as if you've just got
lighter-than-ideal objects interacting with eachother, or maybe
unbalanced forces and masses?

(eg. a strong force clipping the edge of a piece of styrofoam,
ignoring air resistance on a low-friction surface, makes the little
cube spin off like a top - I had this effect at first, but all it took
was some cleaning in terms of the masses and frictions I was using,
and the effect went away entirely)

-Megan Fox