[ODE] unstable fixes to main trunk?

Tanguy Fautre tanguy.fautre at spaceapplications.com
Tue Apr 5 16:53:20 MST 2005

Adam D. Moss wrote:

> Is there a reason why this is only in the unstable branch?
> I'm afraid that everything is ending up on the unstable
> branch, ironically even non-dangerous stability fixes.

Not really.
I'm just playing on the safe side and considering the two last fixes on
the unstable branch to be "unstable" because I only tested them on two
computers (one 32 bits and one 64 bits) using the same Linux distro.

Should I backport these two fixes into the main trunk?
Fairly easy to do so for the moment, 'cause the file were originally the
same as in the main trunk.

I think the CVS policy is incomplete. It's stated on the wiki that
regular fixes should go on the main trunk.
But does that mean that:

- you implement them in the unstable branch, then backport them into the
main trunk?
- or you implement them only in the main trunk?

Always introducing the fixes and modification through the unstable
branch first as the advantage of maintaining some coherency between the
unstable branch and the main trunk.

Regards,

Tanguy