[ODE] Making it build again

Jeffrey Smith jeffreys at Softimage.com
Fri Sep 24 12:50:32 MST 2004

> If you're not treating warnings as errors, well, you should! (I
> don't want to argue about it, but you can't find anyone who's any
> good who wouldn't agree).

I was never arguing that we should ignore warnings, but it's a matter
of priority.  If I have broken ODE so it doesn't compile, I'll fix it
ASAP.  If I've introduced some warnings about implicit type
conversions or whatever, the priority is not so high.

> ODE was warning free before the check-ins, and should remain so, by
> fixing the code that it warns about. It's the only way to keep the
> system sane.

Actually, ODE compiles with nearly a hundred warnings (MS, dReal=double)
and has done so for at least the last year (the time which I've been
using it).  I will try to fix all of these and check in the changes.

-Jeff