[ODE] More car "feeling" issues

Gabriel Gambetta ggambett at artech.com.uy
Wed Sep 22 11:11:34 MST 2004

I'm still trying to make my cars drivable :)

I got one of the cars working. However, with the same friction
algorithm, aerodynamics, suspension params, masses, everything, some of
the cars are undrivable.

In some cases, the wheels weren't perfectly symmetric respect to the
chassis; fixing that make the cars behave much better, but still having
problems.

My guess is that the position of the wheels, even if symmetric, have a
great impact on the dynamics of the car. If you take the rectangle
formed by the wheel positions, is there an easy relationship between the
sides of the rectangle, the area of the rectangle, or something like
that, and how the car "feels"?

I'll also experiment with the CoG but I'd like to know how important are
the wheel positions.

Thanks,
	--Gabriel