[ODE] Sliding over a trimesh

Will Thimbleby will at thimbleby.net
Thu Sep 16 01:21:20 MST 2004

Hi,

I'm sliding a box over a trimesh, and it keeps getting caught on seams.
When the trimesh is flat this still happens. Is there someway that I
can avoid this?

Confused ramblings.....
Also. I was thinking about the trimesh collision code, and I was
wondering if it might be a good idea to be able to give trimeshes a
handedness (cw/ccw). This way the penetration depth is always known.
Might this make it more stable?

Perhaps, would it be possible / 'a good idea' to be able to turn edge
collisions off for specific(convex and duplicated) edges. If these both
were done would it be equivalent to a convex hull

I played around with the collision code but I couldn't get anything to
really happen.
.... done.

Having said that it is stable enough for me, the only problems is that
it catches on the seams at the moment.

thanks --Will