[ODE] XYZ Axis Orientation and 0 degrees

Gabriel Gambetta ggambett at artech.com.uy
Mon Sep 13 16:01:12 MST 2004

> Can someone provide me with a similar graphic image that explains
> how ODE treats the x,y and z axis's (or an explanation) :)

ODE doesn't treat the axes in any special way, as far as I know. I'm not
sure if using euler angles is the best option; but I'm doing exactly
what you describe, using quaternions and matrices instead of euler
angles, and it works as expected.

The fact that Z is used as UP vector in the samples is anectodtical - I
use Y+ as the UP vector. You don't even need to use one of the axes as
the up vector, since ODE accepts gravity itself as a vector.

	--Gabriel