[ODE] Picasso

Daniel Marbach daniel.marbach at epfl.ch
Sun Oct 31 18:53:01 MST 2004

Hi,

I mentioned Picasso, my refactored version of Drawstuff, several times on this
mailing list. Finally there's a web page for the project:

http://icwww.epfl.ch/~marbach/Research/Picasso/picasso.html

Please tell me what you think. The policy of the ODE community so far was:
Graphics are up to the user. I think that this is a shame. For a big project it
makes sense to develop the graphics from scratch. However, for medium sized
projects (e.g. student projects at universities) it would be very helpful to
have something more flexible than drawstuff.

In addition, I belive that the graphics are very important because that's what
the user sees first. If the graphics of the test applications are awesome,
newbies are impressed and it's more likely that they will use ODE...

If you believe that Picasso is interesting for ODE users, put a link on the ode
web page!

I don't have time to work on Picasso at the moment, if somebody wants to
contribute that would be great.

Greetings,

Daniel

Daniel Marbach