[ODE] AutoDisable Disabled?

Maurizio de Pascale mdepascale at dii.unisi.it
Thu Oct 7 19:31:07 MST 2004

Hi,
maybe I'm doing something wrong (or perhaps simply not doing the right
thing) but bodies in a sample simulation never autodisable themselves.
Is the AutoDisable feature actually implemented or is it only a planned
(but documented) feature?
Unfortunately I've no time to dig into ode sources to figure out by
myself, but (for example) I've seen that in test crash sources the
disable feature is implemented in the loop.

However if it is implemented, then these are details about my sample sim:
I'have this sample cube (1x1x1 with 1 mass)  that falls from a 1.5
height on plane and stop itself correctly, but unfortunately do not get
disabled.
Steptime is not fixed but taken from a millisecs clock.
Plane is a dGeom only plane.
The AutoDisableFeature have been activated on the world before creating
the cube body, and set also on the cube body itself.
Both linear and angular thresholds have been set (both on world before
creation of cube and after directly on body) to 10! (which I think it's
quite enough for a stopped object).
Contacts joints (provide by dCollide) are added prior of the step and
removed (by empting contact group) at the end of the loop.
This implies that dWorldStep is always called with some contact joint
but i think this should be handled by autodisable, right?

Can anyone address explain this?

Thanks in advance
Maurizio de Pascale
mdepascale at dii.unisi.it