[ODE] newbie joint question

Piotr Obrzut piotr_obrzut at o2.pl
Tue Nov 30 23:52:16 MST 2004

Hi,

   I have problem with joints stability, see picture:
   http://mathrick.org/files/joint_error.JPG

   while plaing with CFM and ERP i've only thing I achieved was
   sloving the effect which you can see on the annexed picture.
   All bodies are connected with ball joints now so i was thinking
   that it would work as i wanted to (the tranlation between bodies
   shuldn't change as much through the time i was hoping that changes
   will stop at some known limits)

   I wonder if it is possible to lock mine model bodies relative translations
   without such effect (seen on picture) with ode joints? Or I schould
   invent some kinematic solution for it?

   I've spend a lot of time searching for some examples of sth
   which will resolve mine problem, but without any effects...
   PLEASE HELP

--
greetings,
 Piotr Obrzut                       mailto:piotr_obrzut at o2.pl