[ODE] Sweep-and-Prune space for ODE

Brian Marshall brianmarshall at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Nov 25 16:11:09 MST 2004

A good place to look would be here:

http://www.codercorner.com/RadixSortRevisited.htm

A page on it by Pierre Terdiman - the guy who wrote Opcode where the sort
has been borrowed from.

One thing I don't think that article covers is caching behaviour. On modern
computers caching behaviour can dominate sorting performance - a sort with a
better algorithm in theory can be beaten by one with better cache behaviour
depending on the data set.

Still doesn't mean people shouldn't test it - see what works for your data.
I'd have thought the potentially bigger issue would be floats vrs doubles,
rather than IEEE float or not. After all some people will run ODE in double
precision - so a version for doubles could be needed too.

-Brian.