[ODE] Angular and "slider" motor together on one body.

Geoff Carlton gcarlton at iinet.net.au
Tue Nov 23 09:33:07 MST 2004

What you describe is a linear motor, and has been discussed before
(search for LMotor), but never implemented.  As such, you can either
create such a joint using the resources posted in the other reply (if
you do, submit it so we can all use it!), or keep using the AddForce
approach you are doing now.

Geoff