[ODE] Keeping simulation from esploding

Graham Fyffe gfyffe at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 11:25:55 MST 2004

Hi!  My simulations are exploding when I apply a high external force
or torque to an object.  I can't figure out a nice rule of thumb for
clamping my external forces... is there any way I could modify ODE so
that it doesn't explode, regardless of the forces I give it?  i.e.
have some kind of sanity check within ODE?  What I'm getting is things
like Infinities and NaNs in the object velocity / angular velocity :(
Surely there could be some way to prevent that.  I use WorldStep.

- Graham Fyffe