[ODE] Running ODE backwards in time?

Jon Watte hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Mon Nov 15 09:48:50 MST 2004

It is not, generally, possible to run a simulation backwards,
because of the singularities when more than two objects interact,
and the "sharp edges" of constraints (think of friction for
example).

I e, there are many possible inputs that would yield the same
output of a specific physics step. When running "backwards" you
have no idea which of those inputs actually generated the output.

Cheers,

		/ h+