[ODE] Running ODE backwards in time?

Adam Moravanszky adam.moravanszky at novodex.com
Mon Nov 15 13:16:34 MST 2004

Good point.  You would have to make sure that you never completely stop
-- you would have to maintain a tiny residual velocity.  Of course with
float rather than real numbers you would have data loss anyway as values
get truncated.  Anyway, this discussion is only theoretical anyway, in
practice there is no way you could pull this off.  In the real world you
would have to record motion keyframes when simulating forward and
interpolate backwards -- just like in games that have a rewindable
instant replay feature.

--Adam