[ODE] PosR - a better way?

Jon Watte hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Fri Nov 12 16:25:42 MST 2004

> In particular, I think SetInfo is a particularly ugly hack to try to get
> the collide function to work properly with offset geoms.  I also think

I don't like SetInfo at all. I think the default mode is wrong; the
only behavior that logically makes sense to me is the mode 1 behavior
of returning data about the transform geom, not the contained geom.

> that an explicit GetOffsetPosition is clearer than GetPosition returning
> either the real position or the offset, depending on whether the geom

Here, we agree -- it would be more convenient if GetPosition returned
the position of the transformed geom, rather than the geomtransform.
However, that would remove the nice factoring of a geom transform from
the actual transformed geom.

Cheers,

			/ h+