[ODE] Collision response and sounds

Cedric Guillemet cedric.guillemet at tele2.fr
Thu Nov 11 19:00:12 MST 2004

I'm thinking of a way of manipulating collision response and sounds.
I'm quite new to physic programming and my english is bad.
I'd like to know what you think of it and if there are better ways.
Basically, I want, when there is a collision, a sound to be played and specific contacts joints parameters.
So, I've made a list of materials (wheel, wood crate, flesh, and so on) with an ID for each.
When I edit my physic model (cf http://www.kapsul-design.com/physicedit.jpg ), I set for each body the material it is made of.
With anoher editor I choose a couple of materials and set for it a sounds list, contact parameters,...
In my nearcallback function, I retrieve the couple corresponding to the body collision, play the sound and set the parameters for the contact previously edited.
Is it a good way of doing it?

Thanks.
Cedric.