[ODE] Contacts and multiple updates per frame

Megan Fox shalinor at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 10:28:41 MST 2004

It does slow it down, but it gives "proper" response.  You're also
going to need to nest any physical impulse application inside each of
those loops to keep the experience consistent between PCs, which means
adding an additional per-object Process() of some sort to boot.

It does have the effect of slowing it down, but to me, this is just
the cost associated with doing it the "right" way (that is, getting a
very stable simulation).  Skimping on this strikes me as the same
thing as reducing the number of quickstep iterations or similar - an
optimization that sacrifices stability somewhere down the line.

-Megan Fox