[ODE] Picasso

William Denniss william.denniss at omegadelta.net
Mon Nov 1 17:04:29 MST 2004

On 01/11/2004, at 3:53 AM, Daniel Marbach wrote:

<snip />

> Please tell me what you think. The policy of the ODE community so far
> was:
> Graphics are up to the user. I think that this is a shame. For a big
> project it
> makes sense to develop the graphics from scratch. However, for medium
> sized
> projects (e.g. student projects at universities) it would be very
> helpful to
> have something more flexible than drawstuff.

<snip />

I believe the policy  "graphics are up to the user" makes very good
sense as ODE is a dynamics engine first and foremost and this is where
the development effort should be concentrated.  It means people can
plug ODE into whatever graphics package they are using without hassle.
  It's great having good publicly available graphics API's for ODE such
as yours and others (e.g. Odejava).  There are so many ways to do the
graphics it seems silly to mandate one particular API over another.

I like your web page - nice artwork for the Picasso logo :)

Cheers,

Will.