[ODE] XODE - finalisation

William Denniss lists at omegadelta.net
Mon Mar 29 19:55:35 MST 2004

On Fri, 2004-03-26 at 10:27, Royce Mitchell III wrote:
> I finally had a chance to look it over, and I have found some
> inconsistencies, I think...
>
> Why this:
>
>      <cylinder
>        radius="1"
>        length="2">
>      </cylinder>
>
> and not:
>
>      <cylinder
>        radius="1"
>        length="2"/>
>
> Why this:
>
> <imatrix
>        d_1_1="0" d_1_2="1" d_1_3="2"
>        d_2_1="1" d_2_2="0" d_2_3="1"
>        d_3_1="0" d_3_2="1" d_3_3="0">
>      </imatrix>
>
> and not:
>
> <imatrix
>        d_1_1="0" d_1_2="1" d_1_3="2"
>        d_2_1="1" d_2_2="0" d_2_3="1"
>        d_3_1="0" d_3_2="1" d_3_3="0" />
>
> same thing for tmatrix ( which is used both ways )...

I guess we could use:

<element
   attribute1="0"
   attribute2="0"
/>

instead of

<element
   attribute1="0"
   attribute2="0">
</element>

The latter was chosen so it reads more like:
<element>
	<attribute1>0</attribute1>
	<attribute2>0</attribute2>
</element>

but uses attributes rather than elements.

In the end it makes no difference to the format, the first two styles
mean the same so it's just the formatting used within the spec.

> You have this early in the document:
>
> <cylinder
>             radius="2"
>             length="6">
>         </cylinder>
>
> but this later in the example data:
>
> <cylinder>
>      <radius>1</radius>
>  </cylinder>
>
> you have this early in the document:
>
> <mass total="1">
>      <centerGravity x="1" y="1" z="1" />
>      <imatrix
>        d_1_1="0" d_1_2="1" d_1_3="2"
>        d_2_1="1" d_2_2="0" d_2_3="1"
>        d_3_1="0" d_3_2="1" d_3_3="0">
>      </imatrix>
> </mass>
>
> but something like this occurs several times in the example data:
>
> <mass>5</mass>

Thank you for pointing out these inconsistencies I shall clean it up.

Will.

--
William Denniss - will@ http://tanksoftware.com/