[ODE] XODE - finalisation

William Denniss lists at omegadelta.net
Fri Mar 26 09:59:50 MST 2004

On Fri, 2004-03-26 at 00:04, Chris Gregan wrote:
> The format is looking great, good work!

Thank you, I'm glad you like it.

> Just looking at the tri-mesh format again. The indices format looks a little
> bit inconsistent compared with the vertices format.  As the indices always
> specify triangles would it not be more succinct to use <i a="1" b="2" c="3">
> ?
>
> This makes the winding order explicit, groups each triangle together for
> ease of reading (by a human) and a uses a few less characters. It may also
> be slightly easier to parse and/or validate.
>
> One issue is that we would no longer really be specifying indices so much as
> triangles so the surrounding tags should probably be changed to <triangles>
> instead of <indices>.
>
> My apologies if this has been discussed to death already!

Actually you're the first to bring up this idea.  I'm happy to go with
your suggestion unless anyone can see a major problem with it.  It does
seem more intuitive to me.  How about:

<tri i1="1" i2="2" i3="3" /> just so people know they are still indices
(by the use of 'i').

Cheers,

Will.

--