[ODE] Re: ODE c++ API

brett hartshorn bhartsho at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 25 10:23:50 MST 2004

Hi Martin,

The current c++ wrappers function as a thin layer ontop of the C API, which i think works well for
c++ programmers.  But, for the purposes of making the python wrappers, they need to be thicker,
and more object oriented.  The big change i guess would be enclosing the dReals inside a new
vector or matrix object.  There is also a few other smaller things that need to be changed,
dxSpace is causing a problem in wrapping the collide methods.  If dxSpace is being used by a
class, then dxSpace must also be exposed to boost, however dxSpace is not defined in the public
ode headers, so i must include it from collision_kernel.h, but it seems that the public header
odecpp_collision.h and collision_kernel.h do not 'get along', they do not like being included in
the same file becuase there are some things that get re-declared.  There are some other little
things like this that need to be changed so boost will be happy.

-brett