[ODE] ODE applying forces

arcad arcad at orion-mm.ru
Sat Mar 20 11:23:04 MST 2004

Dear ODE,

Explain please as in ODE power acts on body.
Explain what is wrong...
Here is my simulation loop:
void RunFrame()
{
        dSpaceCollide(space, 0, &NearCallback);
        if (FrameTime<=0)
                FrameTime=0.01f;
        dWorldStepFast1(world, FrameTime, GlobalSimIter);
        dJointGroupEmpty(contactGroup);
}
As FrameTime I use real value of time, spent on calculation of the frame equal 1/FPS.
Every time when I define that in body has got the bullet, I apply to
body same power.
However under different FrameTime bodies behave on miscellaneous.
Strange... power every time constant.
However under greater value FrameTime body on blow much well, but
under small value FrameTime bodies much slowly move, such sensation that is attached quite small power.
Can anyone will prompt what is wrong and as with this fight?

Sincerely yours,
 arcad
mailto:arcad at orion-mm.ru