[ODE] static Meshes

Megan Fox shalinor at circustent.us
Wed Mar 17 10:46:57 MST 2004

Well of course you'd implement the stairs as box geoms too ;)  As far as I
know, everything that can be represented by a solid geom should be
represented by a solid geom, with trimesh being reserved for those cases
that can't be described by a collection of default solid geoms.  Tri-mesh
can be used if necessary, of course, but it seems to lead to an increased
chance of objects warping through eachother, or other instability.

That said, this approach really works better if you're already building your
stages out of component chunks.  If you're doing BSP style big-mesh levels,
I suppose it could be quite time consuming to represent it all via solid
geoms (or maybe people still do it that way anyways, no idea).

-Megan Fox