[ODE] XODE trimesh structure - please vote

Jon Watte hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Tue Mar 16 09:30:43 MST 2004

> And because it is only meant as an interchange format I think the advantages
> of XPath and XSLT outweigh the disadvantages of slower parsing and larger
> filesize.

I think this is the real question. Is this a format that can conceivably be used for real storage, or is it specifically designed to be as slow as possible to ease obscure interchange cases? If so, what, specifically, are those concrete interchange cases?

I'm not very interested in an interchange format that's not useful for actual work. Thus, my vote is for comma-separated, and I don't care about extra attributes (I can stuff per-triangle friction and whatnot in a separate element). I don't see XSLT transform as particularly relevant to the common-case use of these files.

If it's all interchange, then I don't care (though I still don't see XSLT transforms actually being used :-).

Cheers,

			/ h+