[ODE] Denormal Floating Values

Bodo Pfeifer bodo.pfeifer at fakt-software.de
Tue Mar 16 16:46:24 MST 2004

Hi again,

I implemented a routine before my dSpaceCollide etc. that checks the
pos/rot/linvel/angvel/force/torque of each body and sets them to zero
if they are less then FLT_EPSILON (MS VC++).

This prevents the freezes, but the results still differ on different
CPU-vendor-types. The objects do not behave the same way on Pentium's
and Athlon's..

I tried a little hack by truncating some numbers from the floating
values. This got me some better results, but still different ones.

Did someone encounter similar CPU-Problems? I can't believe that I'm
the only/first one having such issues.

Thanks in advance,
Bodo