[ODE] Denormal Floating Values

Bodo Pfeifer bodo.pfeifer at fakt-software.de
Mon Mar 15 19:33:44 MST 2004

Hi,

I have freezes with ODE on Pentium4 CPU's.

I think this is some sort of problem with denormal floating
values.

I tried to use _controlfp etc., but it didn't work.

Mh, I searched the web, but the only answer for this problem was to
introduce a very small value and to check all values against this
'threshold' to handle smaller values as zero.
But I think, inserting an "if (value < MIN_VALUE) value=0" after each
calculation in ODE isn't a clever + clean solution ..

Is there anyone who had this problem? and maybe solutions to this?

Thanks,
Bodo