[ODE] Values required to produce at least semi-realisticfrictionusing the default constant-force-limit model?

Megan Fox shalinor at circustent.us
Mon Mar 15 11:28:38 MST 2004

I did read the faq, but concluded that the manual friction mentioned there
was, as someone else said, something more for the emulation of air friction,
with surface friction already being taken care of.

... but anyways, to that end...

Can anyone describe how they've handled this in their engine?  For the
moment, I'm thinking the best solution might be to apply the drag
coefficient inside the collision callback (or further "inside" the engine if
possible, though I haven't looked at the internals yet) - grab the current
velocity of the objects and reduce them each by the average of the two
object's friction values, or somesuch thing?  Or maybe this isn't such a
great idea?

Thanks for any assitance in this,

-Megan Fox