[ODE] XML ODE Data Interchange Format (revision 5)

William Denniss lists at omegadelta.net
Sun Mar 14 22:55:42 MST 2004

On Sun, 2004-03-14 at 19:38, Brian Clarkson wrote:
> I have been following this thread (XML file format)for some time now and
> don't  wish to be negative but I think all this stuff about vertex formats
> is a bit of
> the mark. Aren't vertices graphics things. You'll all be talking about
> texture maps next.
> I think the only reference to the graphics should be a file name
> ,ferrari.3ds,
> and then the individual mesh names should be within the body objects

Sorry for the confusion, we were discussing the best representation for
the TriMesh ODE geom, hence the indexed triangle arrays.

The current version of spec actually has no links to the display engine
at all - we are not even referencing the file name (although this is
very easily possible using an extension).

Will.

--
William Denniss - will@ http://tanksoftware.com/