[ODE] RE: Cone and Terrain

cgiscript at hotpop.com cgiscript at hotpop.com
Wed Mar 10 13:07:22 MST 2004

> Is it hard to make a finite terrain instead of an infinite mirror at
> boundaries ? It would be great if we could dGeomSetPosition,
> dGeomSetRotation the terrain geom and choose between a finite or
> infinite terrain.

hey all

modify the BoundingBox function of the dHegithMap Geom from returning
dInfinity to the size of your terrain (vertex Xmax, Ymax and Zmax). And to
be able to move the terrain geom, just convert the object position(the
object tested against the heightmap) from world to local (local to the
heightmap position) at the collision time.  I did it some time ago when i
was testing it, but now im using another terrain geom
If interested i will see if i can find the modified code

Andres
cgiscript at hotpop.com