[ODE] Non-realtime?

Brian Smith brian at deadhand.net
Fri Jun 25 02:36:45 MST 2004

Hello guys,

Background:  I'm writing up a little global illumination renderer to learn
about various techniques and want to extend it to do some animation chores.

ODE seems pretty popular these days.  I hope you guys can help me out here.
:)  I'm looking for a non-realtime/offline physics package.  I say it like
that because while speed is good, quality/accuracy takes significant
precedence.  Can ODE be run in a
"very-accurate-at-the-expense-of-interactive-frame-rate" mode?

If ODE isn't suitable, can anyone make a recommendation/give an opinion?

Cheers and great work Russ and gang!
Brian