[ODE] collision problems

Mike Sly odelist at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 15 10:36:05 MST 2004

>Hi Mike,
>
>    Check the following:
>          1) Did you call dSpaceCollide in your simloop?
yes and it detects the collision

>          2) Did you create geom for what-should-be-collided objects?
yes
>          3) Check the parameters of geom

I have copy past the params of the examples and I have tried another ones
and the same thing ocurr

>    You should stick to the sample code distributed along with ODE. I
>    think they are simple and intuitive.

Me too

>--
>Best regards,

>    Nguyen Binh
>    Software Engineer
>    Glass Egg Digital Media
>
>    E.Town Building
>    7th Floor, 364 CongHoa Street
>    Tan Binh District,
>    HoChiMinh City,
>    VietNam,
>
>    Phone : +84 8 8109018
>    Fax   : +84 8 8109013
>
>      www.glassegg.com

My simulation detects the collsion because the objects (geoms) collide with
each others, but when a geom is suposed to stand in top of a plane (or
another geom) - the plane is the floor - it stands there for a while, but
then "Pufff", the things disapear and the Geoms (or bodys) gets this
coordenates:
      x =  1.#QNAN00000000000;
      Y = 1.#QNAN00000000000;
      Z = 1.#QNAN00000000000;

I can't get these things working perfectly and I don't know why :'(.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Miguel