[ODE] ODE collision qustion

Ivan Bolcina ivan.bolcina at snt.si
Thu Jun 10 09:47:10 MST 2004

Hi.

I don't understand ODE collision mechanism in detail, but from posts i
figure out, that if
there are N primitives, we had to implement N*N/2 colision algorithms.

So this doesn't seem right. No wonder there are so many posts on this
topics.
What will happen when there will be 12 primitives  and someone will add
another. Nightmare.

Can not there be an universal algorithm as for example "Beziere curved
mesh" colision. You could describe box, mesh,sphere,capped cylinder with
it. And maybe convertion function for each primitive..So you reduce
number of algorithms from N*N/2 to N+1.

bye,ivan