[ODE] Simulator explodes on zero Quaternion normalisation

Konstantin Voloshin volk-ode at yandex.ru
Wed Jun 2 14:47:07 MST 2004

Yesterday I had a disappearing body with the same message output.
It happened in case of applying to that body a force vector of not-a-numbers.

It was great to see how readily ODE moves a body into "hyperspace"
if you want to :)

I haven't investigated yet why this causes zero quaternion (this is interesting
though), but suggest you try to check if and where not-a-numbers come into
FPU.

If you have intel-compatible processor all FPU-instructions that you'll need
are 'fnclex', 'fnstcw', 'fldcw', and possibly 'fninit'. There're some "standard"
library-equivalents for them, don't remember the names...

There's also one annoying trouble with FPU exceptions and ATI video driver
for Windows, at least if you run on WinXP and use DirectX - system crashes
into the blue screen of death.

Konstantin