[ODE] .NET Wrappers?

Ian Overgard ian at facehat.com
Wed Jul 28 16:53:06 MST 2004

Hi,

I've been searching around for a managed wrapper for ODE without much
success. So far the only two wrappers I've found are David Walker's
wrapper and the DotNetManaged contrib included with ODE. David's wrapper
is pretty good, but it has a number of bugs with trimesh collisions, and
it looks like it's been abandoned. The DotNetManaged contrib also seems
to be a bit outdated and it appears its not being updated any further.

I'd really rather avoid writing my own wrapper, as I'm not much of a fan
of managed C++. I've  tried P/Invoking most of the calls from the ODE
dll, which works for the most part, but I've hit a bit of a roadblock (I
can't quite get dSpaceCollide to work properly with my NearCallback
delegate).

Are there any other wrappers that exist that are being actively updated?
Or has anyone fixed David Walker's wrapper to handle Box-Trimesh
collisions without crashing?

Thanks,
--Ian