[ODE] executive toy

Michael Lacher michael.lacher at hlw.co.at
Wed Jul 28 12:56:22 MST 2004

Daniel Monteiro Basso wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> this 'executive toy' is usually called "Newton's Cradle". I modelled it
> using ODE in Dec/2003, and made a fancier version with my simulation
> framework this month. You may take a look at:
>
> http://www.inf.ufrgs.br/~dmbasso/phi/
> http://www.inf.ufrgs.br/~dmbasso/phi/20040705-1-NewtonCradle.avi
> http://www.inf.ufrgs.br/~dmbasso/phi/newton.html

Thanks. Someone already pointed my to that link, and I have to say it
looks great. From what I am gathering from the scriptfiles (radiosity
stuff) I guess you didn't do those in realtime though, did you ? Not
that it would have any effect on ODE, I was just curious because the
shadows look so excellent :)

> The last link is the script source code to generate the video. You will
> be specially interested in the surface contact parameters (specified in
> the 'material' section of the object definition). I think the key to
> solve your problem is to play with the bounce parameter (dContactBounce)
>
> I hope this helps :)

Ah yes, i found them. I will try how it works out with those parameters.