[ODE] executive toy

Michael Lacher michael.lacher at hlw.co.at
Tue Jul 27 11:24:53 MST 2004

Hi!

   I tried to make something resembling an executive toy (the kind where
some balls are suspended in a row, and when you hit the first, it will
stop, and the last one will swing, etc ...
http://www.desktoy.com/item.html?PRID=1151256).

   I have had serious problems, getting this to work, and so I wanted to
ask if anyone knows if the ODE is actually capable of correctly
simulating these things (ie: can the force/energy be transferred from
the first to the last ball through all the others without disturbing
them ?) What happened in my simulation was that when the first ball hits
the rest, all 4 of them start moving in a group, but with only one
quarter of the velocity ....

regards
mucki